I. SUMMARY OF OUR PROCESSING ACTIVITIES
The following summary provides you with a quick overview of the processing activities that are undertaken on our website. You will find more detailed information under the indicated sections below.
- When you visit our website for informational reasons without setting up an account, only limited personal data will be processed to provide you with the website itself (see section III).
- Your personal data will be used for statistical analysis that helps us to improve our website (see section VII). Additionally, we improve your website experience with third party content (see section IX).
- Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties (see section X) that might be located outside your country of residence; potentially, different data protection standards may apply (see section XI).
- We have implemented appropriate safeguards to secure your personal data (see section XII) and retain your personal data only as long as necessary (see section XIII).
- Under the legislation applicable to you, you may be entitled to exercise certain rights with regard to the processing of your personal data (see section XIV).
- Personal data: means any information relating to a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, or an online identifier.
- Processing: means any operation which is performed on personal data, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or any kind of disclosure or other use.
III. INFORMATIONAL USE OF THE WEBSITE
When you visit our website for informational reasons, i.e. without filling out our contact form or without applying for a newsletter we may automatically collect additional information about you which will contain personal data only in limited cases and which is automatically recognised by our server, such as:
- the website from which you have been directed to our offer
- the date and time of your requests
- your device type, screen resolution and browser version
- your internet service provider
- information on your operating system, including language settings
- information on offers you have visited on our website
- IP-address (anonymized)
We use such information only to assist us in providing an effective service (e.g. to adapt our website to the needs of your device or to allow you to log in to our website), and to collect broad demographic information for anonymised, aggregated use.
The personal data automatically collected is necessary for us to provide the website, Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. b GDPR, and for our legitimate interest to guarantee the website’s stability and security, Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Personal data that is collected automatically is anonymized immediately and properly erased after 14 days.
Whenever you contact us via the channels provided on the website (by our contact form, by phone, email or in writing) we will store the personal data you provide. These may contain:
- Name and address (including title)
- Email address
- Phone number
- URL of the company/institution
- Acceptance of contact possibilities by phone or email
For this, the legal basis is Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. b GDPR.
The information you provide when contacting us (see also section XV) will be processed to:
- Communicate with you
- Provide you with the services and information which you request
They will be archived for later reference and erased when the process is fully completed.
Alternatively, we will restrict the processing of the respective information in accordance with statutory retention requirements.
At the moment we do not offer any new newsletter.
VI. AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
We do not use your personal data for automated decision making which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
For statistical analyses we use web analytics services to collect information about the use of this site.
General tracking information
The tools collect information such as
- Device and browser information (operating system information, Mobile device identifier, mobile operating system, etc.)
- IP-address (shortened and anonymized)
- Page accessed, URL click stream (the chronological order of our internet sites you visited)
- Geographic location
- Time of visit
- Referring site, application, or service
We use the information we get from the providers only to determine the most useful information you are looking for, and to improve and optimise this website. We do not combine the information collected through the use of the tools with personal data.
The tools collect only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit this site, rather than your name or any other identifying information. The provider will use this information in order to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide other services relating to website and internet use to us.
The legal basis for this processing is Art. 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. f GDPR and represents our legitimate interest to analyse our website’s traffic to improve the user’s experience and to optimise the website in general.
To process this information we also use temporary (session) cookies. Cookies are small text files stored on your device and containing the above mentioned information. They are used exclusively to determine the correct display of the pages in accordance with your preferences or selections and will be deleted as soon as you close the browser window.
IX. THIRD PARTY CONTENT
We use the Google Maps service in order to show you where we are and how to find us. This processing is based on Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. f GDPR and represents our legitimate interest to improve your website experience and to optimise our services.
We use the YouTube service in order to play videos directly from our website. This processing is based on Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. f GDPR and represents our legitimate interest to improve your website experience and to optimise our services.
Links to third party websites
X. INFORMATION SHARING
Your personal data will be disclosed to the following third parties for the purposes mentioned above:
- Google: Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
- YouTube: YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA represented by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
- Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, Washington 98052, USA
- Administration & Accounting: DeepMatter Group Plc, The Walbrook Building, 25 Walbrook, London,Great Britain, EC4N 8AF.
Legal basis for the transfer of your personal data is Article 6 sec. 1 sent. 1 lit. b and f GDPR.
Some of the recipients mentioned above reside outside the EEA. For further information about cross border transfer in general and transfers outside of the EEA see section XI.
We may disclose anonymous aggregate statistics about users of the website in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personal data.
We may disclose your personal data to following contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the website:
- Werbeagentur VIERZEHN02, Goethestrasse 49a, 80336 München/Germany
Such a transfer will be based on data processing agreements. Therefore, our contractors will only use your personal data to the extent necessary to perform their functions and will be contractually bound to process your personal data only on our behalf and in compliance with our requests.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, any personal data we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party in compliance with applicable law.
We may disclose your personal data if legally entitled or required to do so (for example if required by law or by a court order).
XI. CROSS BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
Within the scope of our information sharing activities set out above, your personal data may be transferred to other countries (including countries outside the EEA) which may have different data protection standards from your country of residence. Please note that data processed in a foreign country may be subject to foreign laws and accessible to foreign governments, courts, law enforcement, and regulatory agencies. However, we will endeavour to take reasonable measures to maintain an adequate level of data protection when sharing your personal data with such countries.
In the case of a transfer outside of the EEA, this transfer is safeguarded by Privacy Shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov) or Standard Contractual Clauses. For further information about the aforementioned safeguards please contact us at email@example.com.
We have reasonable state of the art security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal data. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via our website whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
XIII. DATA RETENTION
We strive to keep our processing activities with respect to your personal data as limited as possible. In the absence of specific retention periods set out in this policy, your personal data will be retained only for as long as we need it to fulfil the purpose for which we have collected it and, if applicable, as long as required by statutory retention requirements.
XIV. YOUR RIGHTS
Under the legislation applicable to you, you may be entitled to exercise some or all of the following rights:
1. require (i) information as to whether your personal data is retained and (ii) access to and/or duplicates of your personal data retained, including the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, and the data recipients as well as potential retention periods;
2. request rectification, removal or restriction of your personal data, e.g. because (i) it is incomplete or inaccurate, (ii) it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, or (iii) the consent on which the processing was based has been withdrawn;
3. refuse to provide and – without impact to data processing activities that have taken place before such withdrawal – withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data at any time;
4. object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, that your personal data shall be subject to a processing. In this case, please provide us with information about your particular situation. After the assessment of the facts presented by you we will either stop processing your personal data or present you our compelling legitimate grounds for an ongoing processing;
5. take legal actions in relation to any potential breach of your rights regarding the processing of your personal data, as well as to lodge complaints before the competent data protection regulators;
6. require (i) to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and (ii) to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from our side; where technically feasible you shall have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from us to another controller; and/or
7. not to be subject to any automated decision making, including profiling (automatic decisions based on data processing by automatic means, for the purpose of assessing several personal aspects) which produce legal effects on you or affects you with similar significance.
You may (i) exercise the rights referred to above or (ii) pose any questions or (iii) make any complaints regarding our data processing by contacting us using the contact details set out below.
XV. CONTACTING US
The information you provide when contacting us
InfoChem Gesellschaft für chemische Informationen mbH,
Aschauer Str. 30,
phone: +49 (0) 89 2153 7160,
will be processed to handle your request and will be erased when your request is completed. Alternatively, we will restrict the processing of the respective information in accordance with statutory retention requirements.
XVI. AMENDMENTS TO THIS POLICY